IT'S LIKE EATING A HUG
Delivery & Catering
Please note: Catering and Pre-Order Pickup Orders will incur a 15% service charge.
Whether you're a business needing to feed employees at a Lunch and Learn or a host/hostess looking to provide a meal to your lunch/dinner guests, we can accommodate your needs.
Simply submit your order online and have The Whole Bowl delivered to your next gathering.
In addition to the praise noted below, check out the positive reviews on Yelp.
- "The long line of people I observed at this truck confirmed for me the fact that a simple, satisfying meal with grain, protein and terrific vegetables can be worth standing in line for." The New York Times Read the full article
- Voted "Best Lunch Cart in Portland" Willamette Week Readers Poll
- Named "Best Lunch Cart" - "...Serves the best movable feast in town - and that's according to veg heads and meat lovers alike." Portland Monthly "The Best of the City,"
- "My new favorite food cart, the Whole Bowl serves only one thing: a big, hearty bowl of tasty hippie stuff." The Portland Mercury Read the full article
- "A secret lemon and garlic "Tali" sauce (named by creator Tali Ovadia) has been attracting accolades since the early 2000s." guardian.co.uk Read the full article
- "The best and most rewarding experience I have had thus far on my voyage into Portland street food has been The Whole Bowl." Hot Off the Quill
- "It’s the hot fudge sundae of lunch." Portland Tribune
- "This tin shed serves up one thing (bowl of beans, rice topped with cheese, veggies, sour cream and the mysterious tali sauce) but they do it SO well. It's addictive I tell you! ADDICTIVE!" The Portland Mercury
- "The 'bowl' is a comforting and healthful mix of brown rice, black and red beans, avocado, cilantro, olives, cheddar cheese, sour cream and cilantro. On the surface, that sounds like the inside of a burrito, but Tali's Special Sauce, a thick lemon garlic, ties all the disparate elements together and gives it an entirely different- and delicious- taste." The Northwest Examiner
- "After experimenting for a summer, owner Tali Ovadia perfected her 'Tali sauce' and has been building local addictions in the Pearl ever since." Portland Tribune
- "After 2 years on the wagon, Ovadia's special sauce has become The Whole Bowl's secret weapon. Even confirmed rice-haters adore the bowl, drenched as it is in the delicately spiced sauce- scientifically developed in Ovadia's test kitchens." The Portland Lunch Times